Building better relationships for couples
End Time: 9.00 pm
Relationships Australia WA
Unit 7 / 70 Davidson Terrace,
Map and Directions
This is a course for couples who are committed to their relationship and have a desire to make it more fulfilling/successful. It is also suitable for couples who may be experiencing some issues and difficulties but are still talking and living together.
Couple relationships today face many and difficult challenges. Long term research has shown that the quality of a couples’ friendship and feeling of connection are fundamental in being able to successfully manage the inevitable difficulties that will arise over the years together. Find out how you can regain that wonderful feeling of connection and transform your relationship together into the loving relationship you both want. This EIGHT week course run in weekly sessions covers:
- Family of origin issues, including the fashioning of expectations of relationships and ways in which we learned to show affection, express anger and communicate
- How to turn to each other in times of stress and challenge, and skills to help with this
- Communication skills, both as speaker and listener
- General and individual blocks to communication and its impact
- Accepting, managing and celebrating difference
- Conflict resolution skills
- Fulfilling sex
- How to plan ahead.
The course is based on the research of Dr John Gottman and not only informs participants of ways to create a loving relationship, but also teaches the required skills through experiential exercises and discussion.
Cost for the 8 week course is $160 per couple (concessional rates available). For further information visit the Relationships Australia WA website.
Please call 6164 0239 to enrol and complete payment information. Enrolments MUST be made prior to the course and confirmation received of placement prior to attending.