Dads Raising Boys - a Relationships Australia WA workshop
End Time: 9.00 pm
Relationships Australia WA
Unit 7 / 70 Davidson Terrace,
Map and Directions
This one night session is for dads with sons under the age of 12 years.
For a boy a close relationship with his father is like gold. A father can be an anchor for a son. A dad models behaviours that shape who they become as an adult.
Boys whose dads are involved with them from a young age do better in lots of ways - academically, emotionally and socially. Well-fathered boys show the positive effects years later with an improved capacity for empathy and the health of their social relationships.
This workshop will discuss:
- The importance of the role dads play in the development and nurture of boys
- The importance of play with your son
- Helping your son build self-esteem, a healthy identity and resilience
- How to manage difficult behaviour.
* It is strongly recommend all dads going through the separation process attend the course 'Survival Kit for Separating Dads' prior to any other parenting course.
To register, please call 6164 0239 to complete an enrolment form and provide payment information. $30.00 per person (concession rates available). Registration MUST be made prior to attendance.
For more information please visit the Relationships Australia WA website.